EcoLog Home Pricing & Kit Content
$65 per square foot, plus free loft space!
Due to our construction and building concepts EcoLog homes are very affordable. The typical "turn key" cost of EcoLog homes is comparable to or even lower then a similarly sized stick frame construction building.
We do not have a price list as such, as we do not offer static, standard designs. All our homes are custom designed to fit the needs of every customer, but the kit price is very easy to calculate:
The standard price of our individually designed home kits is based solely on the square footage of the main floor, and is $65 per square foot. Customers who choose to use the huge loft space get that at no extra charge from us.
This price includes the following material and services:
- Customized Building Plans
- Truss and Component Plans
- Easy-to-read Assembly Manual with Drawing Detail
- 8 X 8 Hemlock Wall Timbers
- 4 X 10 Hemlock Truss Timbers
- 1” Hemlock Boards for Roof, Loft & Gable Siding (or kiln-dried T&G spruce for roof sheathing at extra cost)
- 1” Hardwood Dowelling
- 2”x4” Wall Spacers
- Bituminous Seal Gasket for Log Corners/Insert Logs
- 2” Energy Shield Insulation for between the logs
- Premium acrylic Log Chinking
- Threaded Bolts for Truss Assembly
- Angle Brackets for Truss Peak
- Bolts, Nuts, Washers for Truss Assembly
- Angle Iron Stiffeners for Door & Window Openings
- Adjustable jackplates for column bases
Material for porches, decks, stairs, etc. can be provided at an extra cost.
Note: The Kits include all materials required to complete the construction of the building shell on an existing subfloor. For most buildings, a crane will be necessary to raise assembled roof trusses into position on top of exterior walls.
If you provide us with some information about your requirements, we can give you a detailed quote for an EcoLog building kit as well as a budget estimate for your whole building project. Please provide us with following information:
- desired size of total living space
- required number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- size and space usage: Do you prefer generous open spaces with high open ceilings, or do you like to use the footprint of the house efficiently, containing as many rooms as possible?
- foundation / basement style and size (crawl space, full height basement, finished or unfinished)
Please contact us today, and we will be happy to assist you.